Buying a Home
Like a personal shopper, we’re your advocate from start to finish to help you find your home.
We all want a space we can truly call “home.” At Inhabit Real Estate, we’re dedicated to helping you choose and create a home that will match your personal style, your daily needs, and your budget. We provide expert advice and help you make the right decision for you and your family. We have helped hundreds of buyers purchase houses, condominiums, townhomes and investment properties.
Every buyer has unique needs. We do our very best to make sure your needs and goals are addressed and that you find a space that’s perfect for you and your family.
An overview of what to expect in the process
1. Let’s Meet
- We will get to know each other, set expectations, and lay the foundation for your unique goals.
- Together we will decide on the specifics of the house or property you are looking for and agree on search criteria.
- At this point, we will discuss and arrange financing through a chosen local lender.
- We will set a customized action plan and get started.
2. Let’s Find Your Home
- You will receive daily emails of listings that meet your search criteria from your agent.
- We will scour online inventory with your interests in mind.
- When a home catches your eye, we will organize the tour and coordinate a visit.
3. Make an Offer
- Love the space? Do the numbers work too? Time to write an offer!
- Your agent will handle the details of submitting the offer and managing the negotiation process while keeping you updated every step of the way.
4. Escrow is Opened
- Escrow is opened at a local title company with help from your agent.
- Escrow is a neutral third party responsible for title search, transfer of title, insuring clear title, and moving money.
- The title company or escrow officer facilitates the agreement between you and the seller.
5. Home Inspection and Repairs
- A professional inspector conducts a thorough home inspection.
- Repairs are identified and negotiated with helpful recommendations from your agent.
- If a lender is involved, the property will be appraised.
7. Onward to Closing
- We will schedule necessary signings.
- Escrow will be closed and the deed will be recorded.
- Funds will be disbursed.
- Take possession of your new home.