Learn about the duties and responsibilities of Oregon real estate agents:
Month: May 2013
Who to notify
The Mover’s Directory has a great list of people to consider notifying about your move. Notify businesses at least one month ahead of time.
- Friends and Family
- Post Office
- Utility Companies: Home phone, Cell phone, Trash, Cable, Water, Electric, Internet
- Insurance Companies
- Banks and Financial Institutions: Checking, Savings, Loans
- Government agencies: IRS, DMV
- Health Providers: Doctors, Dentists, Veterinarians, Pharmacy
- Schools, Colleges, Universities
- Subscriptions: Magazines, Newspapers, Book/Wine Club
- Travel/Auto Club
Planning your move
Here are some resources to help you plan your move:
- Week by week moving plan
This is an excellent plan that breaks down your moving tasks starting two
months before your move.
- Budgeting your move
This worksheet helps you itemize the expenses of your move so you can get a handle
on its total cost. It also provides some tips on how to save money on your move.
- Choosing a moving company
This thorough guide includes the right questions to ask moving companies as well as how to do your research.
Start and stop your utilities
The following links connect you with local utility companies to update your services:
NW Natural – 800-422-4012
Portland General – 800-542-8818
- TRASH & RECYCLING
City of Portland Waste Management – 800-808-5901
Water Bureau – 503-823-7404
Comcast – 888-824-8264